Introduction and welcome
Version date: 16 November 2021
Introduction and welcome
- These terms and conditions (the "Terms") describe your rights and obligations in connection with your use of the Meeting Rooms and Event Space provided by Storey Spaces Limited (“Storey”, “we", "our", "us"). Please see the Contact Us section below for our company and contact details.
- PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. WHEN YOU MAKE A BOOKING WITH US (WHETHER THROUGH THIS PORTAL, TELEPHONE OR IN PERSON), THESE TERMS ARE DEEMED TO HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED BY YOU. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING TO ABIDE BY AND BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS.
- To make these Terms easier to read, we use a number of definitions. We refer to:
- any Group Company of The British Land Company PLC; or
- any other vehicle or entity (including any unit trust, trust of land, limited partnership or joint venture) in which either The British Land Company PLC (or a Group Company of The British Land Company PLC) hold an interest
- BL Office Tenant: a tenant validly occupying office premises at a BL Office Location pursuant to a subsisting lease
- BL Office Location: any office property owned by The British Land Company Plc or its Affiliates from time to time
- Campus: each of a) Paddington Central Campus at 4 Kingdom Street, Paddington Central W2 and b) 100 Liverpool Street, Broadgate EC2
- Event Space: any area at each Campus or BL Office Location designated by us for use as an event space from time to time and which can be reserved and used by you
- Group Company: in relation to any body corporate (whether or not registered in the United Kingdom) any holding company or subsidiary of a holding company of such body corporate in each case from time to time and the terms holding company and subsidiary shall have the meanings attributed to those terms in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006
- Meeting Rooms: rooms of varying sizes within each Campus or BL Office Location designated by us for use as meeting rooms from time to time and which can be reserved and used by you for meetings
- Services: the provision of the Meeting Rooms and Event Space and any other services offered at the Storey Club Space from time to time
- Storey Club: a scheme operated by us offering flexible access to the Storey Club Space (which for the avoidance of doubt may or may not be branded as “Storey Club”)
- Storey Club Space: the part of any Campus or BL Office Location designated by us from time to time for operation of the Storey Club including but not limited to the Event Space, the Meetings Rooms, the Storey Lounge and the reception bar
- Storey Lounge: means the area at each Campus designated by us as a communal lounge area from time to time
- Storey Membership: means membership of Storey Club
- Storey Membership Terms and Conditions: the terms and conditions describing your rights and obligations with your Storey Membership which can be found here
- Storey Portal: the online portal accessed at my.storey.co.uk which allows you to make online bookings for Meetings Rooms and Event Spaces
- Every time you wish to use the Services, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms and conditions which will apply at that time. Your attention is drawn in particular to the sections headed Our Liability. These Terms were most recently updated on the date that appears at the top of this page.
- If you have any queries or concerns regarding these Terms, please contact us using the details set out in the Contact Us section below.
Access and use of the Storey Portal
- We will endeavour to make the Storey Portal available but cannot guarantee that the Storey Portal will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free.
- We reserve the absolute right to alter, suspend or discontinue any or all aspect(s) of the Storey Portal, including your access to it. We will not be liable if for any reason the Storey Portal is unavailable at any time or for any period or if we restrict access for any reason. Unless explicitly stated, any new features on the Storey Portal, including but not limited to the release of new services, software tools or resources shall be subject to these Terms.
- You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of any email verification number and password which may be given to you or selected by you for use on the Storey Portal. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding the Storey Portal which comes to your attention. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Storey Portal and you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, the Storey Portal, router or any other internet connected device.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Storey Portal and is compatible with the Storey Portal. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from the Storey Portal will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- We aim to update the Storey Portal regularly and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to the Storey Portal, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on the Storey Portal may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Meeting Room bookings
- All Meeting Rooms are to be booked and paid for in advance, vacated promptly and left clean and tidy.
- The capacity indicated for each room cannot not be exceeded.
- Provisional bookings may be held where possible for up to 24 hours if the meeting or event is within 5 working days from the date of enquiry, or for 48 hours where the meeting or event is more than 5 working days from the date of enquiry.
- Meeting Room bookings will be not confirmed until the booking system issues a booking confirmation.
- The Meeting Rooms can be booked for the following sessions:
- Half day: consisting of 4 hours between 08.00 and 12.45 or 13.00 and 17.30. Any bookings which wish to straddle these booking periods i.e.- 10.00 – 14.00 will be charged for a full day’s hire.
- Full day: consisting of an 8-hour period between 08.00 – 17.30. Earlier access or later departure will be charge hourly pro rata and only full hours can be booked.
Should additional time be required at the end of a session, this will be subject to availability and at an additional charge.
- At the time of booking you may select a specific Meeting Room. However, we may change the Meeting Room which you have booked for any reason provided that another Meeting Room is available in order to meet the requirements of your booking. We will aim to inform you of any changes to your Meeting Room booking before you come to Storey Club (and in any event, you will be informed of any changes to your Meeting Room booking by our staff upon your arrival).
- Food and beverages:
- Food and beverages may be added, modified, or cancelled on Meeting Room bookings without charge up to five days before your booking.
- We cannot guarantee the availability of food and beverages if requested less than five days before your booking, although we will try to fulfil your requirements.
- Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, food and beverages may only be provided by our approved provider (details of which are available on the Storey Portal). Our approved provider may be amended by us from time to time at our sole discretion.
- Menu prices are per cover or box as indicated on the menu and do not include VAT, which will be added.
- The right to alter this tariff without notice is reserved, except for confirmed bookings where prices have been given in writing. Seasonal variations may also occur for reasons beyond our control.
- Final orders must be added through the Storey Portal at least 5 days before the event.
- Late vacating of Meeting Rooms: if you or your guests fail to vacate the Meeting Room at the end of the session or fail to remove any items brought into the Meeting Room (except by prior arrangement), we may levy additional charges to include any additional room hire charges and staffing costs incurred.
Meeting room charges
- The Meeting Room rate charges agreed when you made your reservation will apply to your booking. Meals and drinks (other than coffee, tea and water) are not included in the meeting room rate charges, unless otherwise agreed. All charges are exclusive of VAT and are shown in Great British Pounds (GBP). All charges must be paid in GBP.
- Cancellation and Changes:
- A full refund will be given on Meeting Room bookings that are cancelled at least 5 days in advance save that refunds may not be available for any additional services provided via third parties or suppliers such as catering or additional AV requirements which have been booked and confirmed in advance.
- A full refund will be given on catering ordered for the Meeting Room that is cancelled at least 5 days in advance.
- If you cancel a Meeting Room or catering booking less than 5 days before the booking or if you do not attend on the day, the full value of your booking including VAT will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- To book the Event Space, payment must be made as follows:
- 25% of the anticipated booking fee will be required at least 14 days before the event is due as a non-refundable deposit in order to hold the room
- The balance is due 14 days after the final invoice is issued after the event (unless otherwise specified in the event proposal, in which case the due dates laid out in the event proposal will be taken as correct).
- In addition, bookings for the Event Space may at our discretion be subject to a further deposit as security against any loss or damage caused during the event (including any damage caused to furniture and equipment in the Storey Club Space). We will make you aware of any costs reasonably incurred by us as a result of any loss or damage caused during the event. The deposit, or any balance after deducting outstanding fees and/or any reasonable costs for making good any loss or damage as set out above will be returned to you after the account has been settled in full and funds cleared. You will be responsible for paying any balance not covered by the security deposit.
- Provisional bookings for the Events Space may be held where possible for up to 5 working days from the date of enquiry.
- The Event Space can be booked for the following sessions:
- Half day: consisting of 4 hours between 08.00 and 12.30 or 13.00 and 17.00. Any bookings which wish to straddle these booking periods i.e.- 10.00 – 14.00 will be charged for a full day’s hire.
- Full day: consisting of an 8-hour period between 08.00 – 17.30. Earlier access or later departure will be charge hourly pro rata and only full hours can be booked.
- Any use of the Event Space past 17:30 will be classed as an evening booking which shall be charged at the standard 1/2 day rate (4 hours) plus additional staff or other costs should they be required.
- Cancellation: Notification of cancellations for events should be made in writing (email is acceptable) and will be effective on the date received by us.
- Event Space bookings require a non-refundable deposit of 25% of the anticipated booking fee at least 14 days before the event in order to secure the booking.
- A full refund of any sums paid in advance (other than the non-refundable deposit) will be given on Event Space bookings that are cancelled at least 5 days in advance save that refunds may not be available for any additional services provided via third parties or suppliers such as catering or additional AV requirements which have been booked and confirmed in advance.
- A full refund will be given on catering ordered for the Event Space that is cancelled at least 5 days in advance.
- If you cancel an Event Space or catering booking less than 5 days before the booking or if you do not attend on the day, the full value of your booking including VAT will be charged as a cancellation fee.
- For larger events, payment dates and cancellation terms will be included as part of the proposal and will supersede these general conditions if there is a discrepancy.
- Booking an event serving alcoholic beverages:
- We are licensed to serve alcohol at some sites until 22.30. (Late termination of an event may result in excess charges being made.)
- Alcoholic beverages are provided on a sale or return basis unless otherwise agreed.
- You must provide the name of an organiser to us at least 48 hours before the date of the event. This person must remain at the Event Space throughout the time that alcoholic beverages are being served.
- The named organiser will be introduced to our Storey Club Space designated supervisor on the day of the event and will be expected to liaise with him throughout the time that alcoholic beverages are being served. In particular this will involve deciding how many bottles of wine etc to open and when to stop service.
- A list of delegates attending an event where alcohol is to be served must be sent to us at least 48 hours before the event starts. Delegates 18 or under will be asked for identification.
- The license only applies to the inside of the Storey Club Space and its terrace. Alcoholic drinks must not be taken out into the street at any time.
- Delegate lists: you must send a list of delegates to us in writing (email is acceptable) at least two working days in advance of the event.
- Exhibitions and display materials: if you have booked the Event Space or a Meeting Room for your own private exhibition or are bringing display materials for your own private event or meeting:
- You must inform the Storey Club Space staff of the material that will be exhibited or the display materials being used at least a week in advance of the booking.
- We reserve the right to remove any materials which may be deemed offensive or which are positioned in such a way that may cause health and safety problems.
- Deliveries of such materials can only be accommodated on the day prior to the booking and must be removed immediately at the end of the booking.
- We are in no way liable for materials left for collection nor deliveries which have not been signed for by our staff. All deliveries must be left with clear address labels attached.
- Set up and provision of display materials is your responsibility.
- Additional Staff: If additional staff are required for any function, we will exercise our discretion in ensuring provision is in place and will confirm the requirement with you in advance as well as any additional costs.
- Members must comply with and must ensure that any person which they invite to an event being held at the Event Space complies with any rules of conduct notified to them at the Storey Club Space as well as the provisions of clause 24 of the Storey Membership Terms and Conditions when at the Storey Club Space.
- The contents of the Storey Portal and any materials displayed at the Storey Club Space or provided by us to you are protected by international copyright laws and other intellectual property rights. The owners of these rights are Storey or other third party licensors. All product and company names and logos mentioned on or in the Storey Portal or at the Storey Club Space or contained within information or materials provided by us to you as part of the Services may be the trademarks, service marks or trading names of their respective owners, including Storey. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any material or information on or downloaded from the Storey Portal, at the Storey Club Space or provided by us to you as part of the Services including but not limited to text, graphics, video, messages, code and/or software without our prior written consent.
- Access to the Storey Lounge is free.
- You are responsible for payment of all charges associated with any bookings you make at the Storey Club Space and such charges must be paid in accordance with these Terms, depending on whether it is for Meeting Rooms, Event Space or food and beverages.
- By booking or using any Services and providing your payment information, you agree to pay us the recurring or nonrecurring fees associated with the particular Services you are purchasing, as displayed to you at the time you book or order the relevant Services, or as updated by us from time to time upon notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that the payment method provided by you will be automatically charged the fees and any other amounts you may incur or be liable for (including for damages caused to any part of the Storey Club Space, except to the extent such costs are covered by a security deposit which has been paid in accordance with paragraph 23 of these terms) in connection with the Services. Only a single payment method may be used at any given time to make payments for all Services you purchase in a single transaction. You must keep your payment information up-to-date and accurate. Overage fees and other non-recurring fees will be charged within thirty (30) days of you accruing such fees.
- At our sole discretion and pending all appropriate credit checks, we may permit BL Office Tenants to authorise its employees who are Members to book Meeting Rooms on account. Meeting Rooms, Event Space, food and beverage orders and other charges incurred by authorised employee members will be invoiced to the BL Office Tenant at the end of each month. Payment for all invoices is required within 14 days of the invoice date. VAT is applicable to all charges at the current rate. If you are an authorised employee for such a BL Office Tenant, you will not be responsible for paying the relevant charges to us.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or for breach of your legal rights in relation to the Services including the right to receive services supplied with reasonable skill and care.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all other promises, warranties, conditions, or representations relating to the Services, whether express, implied, oral or written.
- We will not be responsible or liable for any losses related to any business of yours including but not limited to lost data, profits, revenue, business, opportunity, goodwill, reputation or business interruption.
- We are not be liable for any damage, loss, or theft of any member or their guests’ personal belongings whilst at the Storey Club Space.
- We are not liable for any disclosure or misuse of your or your guests’ confidential information.
- The Storey Portal and all materials and information thereon are provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, we do not make any express or implied warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to the Storey Portal or any information or service provided through the Storey Portal. To the fullest extent permitted by law we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and howsoever arising (including due to our negligence) out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of the Storey Portal or its contents, whether due to inaccuracy, error, or omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Storey or our servants or agents, or any other person.
- You and other members. We do not control and are not responsible for the actions of other Members or any other third parties. If a dispute arises between Members or their invitees or guests, we shall have no responsibility or obligation to participate, mediate or indemnify any party.
- Events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If we are prevented or delayed from complying with any obligations under these Terms or from providing the Services (including after a booking has been made) by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, the inability or delay in performing those obligations or providing the Services will not be treated as a breach of the Terms. Examples of such events or circumstances include fire, flood and other acts of God, strikes, trade disputes, lock outs, restrictions of imports or exports, riot, accident, disruption to energy supplies, civil commotion, acts of terrorism or war.
- You may be required to present a valid, government-issued photo identification in order to gain access to the Storey Club Space. For security purposes, we may regularly record via video certain areas of the Storey Club Space. If we deem it reasonably necessary, we may disclose information about you to satisfy any applicable law, rule, regulation, legal process or government request, or to protect us, our Members, or other individuals, or any of our or their property. It is your obligation to notify any of your guests about this policy.
- We may assign or subcontract any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms.
- If any provision or term of these Terms becomes or is declared to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the Terms and shall be deemed to be deleted from the Terms.
- These Terms and your use of the Services are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English court.
- The Storey Club Space and the Storey Portal is owned by Storey Spaces Limited, a company incorporated in England. The registered office address of Storey Spaces Limited is: York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, England, W1H 7LX.
- Our registered company number is 10606395 and our VAT registration number is 240 2687 78.
- Our correspondence address is: York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, England, W1H 7LX.
- Email address: bookingsstorey.co.uk
- Telephone number: (020) 7486 4466